Before & After - Tiffany

Tiffany is fini! I recently finished "re-loving" Tiffany, a now gorgeous 5 drawer dresser. What started out as a well-loved, well-worn, well...awful dresser... now a lovely and stylish piece that any lady would be proud to place her lacies in!

This was a really fun project! I started by sanding and priming the pieces separately. I did this so that I would have full access to the drawers, so that I could paint them completely inside and out. It drives me nuts when you see a beautifully refurbished piece....then you open a drawer and the sides and inside are still dull and dreary.

I chose a gorgeous tiffany blue water-based latex paint for the main color, and a shimmery silver to really highlight the panelled accents on the sides. To give it an extra bit of charm, I painted the insides of the drawers a shimmery silver as well. To achieve the silver sheen that I wanted, I decided to use silver spray paint instead of regular latex paint. It worked perfectly. The original hardware was in decent condition, so I simply replaced one missing piece, and spruced it up with silver spray paint.

Finally, I used three coats of clear gloss polyurethane to seal the piece, sanding in between each coat. I used a sprayable polyurethane on the hardware to prevent brush marks. I was quite happy with the results, and I think my chichi's, Peanut and Don Julio, were too!

The piece was rather striking against my purple walls, and I was a bit sad to see it go! But it went to a lovely customer who I hope is thoroughly enjoying it!

No comments: